Affirmations are an important tool that successful people use to strengthen their motivation, feelings of self-worth, and self-esteem. Belief in yourself will drive you toward your dreams.
If you are ready for significant and powerful change then try saying a positive affirmation. Stand in front of a mirror, try it in the shower or recite one in the car. Do this in the morning and evening. Make a commitment to try it for a month and remember, it’s normal to feel silly at first!
Here are twenty affirmations that can assist you in staying positive as you work toward your goals. Pick one or two that resonate with you, or use it as a springboard to come up with your own:
- I am confident, worth it, and deserve the best.
- I am ambitious and can achieve great things.
- I love myself and love everything about me.
- I am motivated and find motivation in the smallest things.
- I am an independent person who knows I can do it.
- I am a leader, but when necessary, I will follow other’s lead.
- I work well with others and I am willing to do what’s best for the team.
- I help others every chance I get.
- I want to leave a legacy that will motivate and teach others.
- I am creative and will share my creativity with the world.
- I need support to achieve greatness.
- I will strive to always do my best.
- I appreciate all I that I have.
- When challenged with a negative situation I will work to look on the bright side.
- I want to be happy and have fun in my life.
- I love the life I create.
- Gratitude is a daily practice of mine.
- I am powerful and can do anything.
- I want to keep my life full of caring and supportive relationships.
- I have faith, imagination, and hope.
Try at least one of these for a month. I dare you. See if it helps. If none of these resonate with you then come up with one of your own. It can be short and powerful. You could look in the mirror every morning, point to yourself and say, “You are awesome” with a big thumbs up!
Wherever you are on your journey, keep telling yourself you are worth more and keep striving to take better care of yourself. You are a gift to this world and can make a positive impact on others.
About the author: JR is a CA Addiction Treatment Counselor Level 2 (CATC II), Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor, Alumni Coordinator, Veterans Support Group Counselor, and USMC Veteran Sgt. He spends his days helping others make positive changes and set goals on their road to recovery.
Also published on Medium.